This Design Barter site is kind of network where you can find people, willing to do a barter design for some other service or product, but not for money.
Example – you are a developer and you want to make your own web portal about online-security – you need a logo and a neat design for the wordpress theme – here you can post your request about what you need, you can post what’s your idea to return the favour ( what kind of barter do you propose ). Soon or later you’ll find somebody to give you a hand.
Barter is not equal in terms of 100 EU = 140 USD. One always needs badly something that’s worth less for somebody else. That’s the beauty of the barter business. Discover the potential of the barter services now!
Why register ?
- you’ll be a part of a very interesting new network
– you’ll probably work on some interesting projects and making interesting contacts
– you’ll have the chance to find somebody to help you with your project without paying real money!
– you’ll be able to work on real projects while building your portfolio
– you’ll be able to trade your unused designs for something that’s worth
– you’ll be able to showcase your portfolio and skills for free ( if you are talented people will approach you )
– you’ll be a part of a new “barter” trend that will spread fast
– you’ll be able to comment, send messages and many more in the site
– desbar will always be FREE
What are the main types of barter here ?
- credit / SEO link – this is a basic and very cheap barter gesture. Usually people offer it if they use some material of the author – like a photo or illustration. “Photo by ….” with a link to the portfolio of the photographer. In the footer of the website there’s also a link like this – the poeple who made the base of this theme design are mentioned with lins to their websites. It’s the most common barter these days – people make a product / theme for some CMS and then distribute it under specific rights – usually all they want is to leave the credit link. It’s a like a very efficient affordable type of advertising and also very good for the SEO.
- developing / programing – quite simple thing – you think you can help the person by designing a few hours for him and you expect him to code a few hours in order to help you.
- pay in kind – perfect if you live in the same town, country or continent. If are in the same town and you have a restaurant you can give a voucher for free lunch for one month to the designer that helped you with your brand identity. If you are in the same country and you want to sell your bike or something else that’s worth – you can send it by post during the project. If you live in LA and engage with a designer from Europe – you can invite him to be your gest and return him the favour by providing an awesome week in LA ( clubs, bars, dinners, fun, sightseeing, etc ) !
- shares of the future project -this is the MOST SERIOUS barter one can get. You are founding a new facebook platform or other innovative online / offline tool and you can’t do everything yourself… so you find some other cool guy here and make him/her your partner in this project. Although this is a bit complicated – it’s a common thing people from different countries and continents to work on a big projects together. Make sure you’ve prepared some document, so you can guarantee your share in the project
- other – propose something that’s not in the list, be creative!
- design help for a project of mine – sometimes designers also need help for some design simple as that.
Desbar.com is an open volunteer project and therefore we do not engage with any arbitrage or other kind of control over your barter negotiation. There’s always a risk you don’t get your barter, so you can develop your own mechanisms to protect your work. Think of it as a different type of outsourcing.
Why not spread the word ? :)